Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ava's new toy and the nice visit with Grandma

So this past weekend, which is almost been a week ago now, my mom and grand parents came down. Mom and I did what we do best, hand out, shop and run lots of erronds. I am always so tired when we get done, but you know what, we are training Ava early for shopping sprees and wild outings with lots of people around.

Miss Ava even got a new toy that is an alternative to a walker. Guess this saucer thing will not turn over, damage my walls, cause she can not bump into them and will not run over my toes!!! She seems to really have taken to it. At first she thought she was supposed to sit in it and jump like her jumper since it has the same seat, but now she is figureing out that she can turn in this thing. Mom says it has too many toys on it and she might be overwhelmed by all the selections, but I say what the heck. Choices are good. Besides she has some of my tendisies with getting board easily. So lots to do and entertain her is very good.

Other than that the weekend was calm. The weather was nice. One day it got up to 85. Wow what a weird thing...80's in Feb. Wow. Oh on the exciting, but not happening anytime soon front...mom and I went strolling for houses. She keeps telling us she wants to move down, but I am not sure how soon we will be blessed with that.

It would also be nice to have the Shelby's closer too. Hint Hint. I know everyone says horrible things about having your in-laws close, but Mike and I would actually love it. No lies. Selfishly it would definatly make holidays easier, but for not so selfish reasons, it would be nice for everyone to be close for Ava and the other grand kids that will come....probly not from me, but Pat and Amber will have kids one day.

Okay enough of my rabling and on to the pictures of the new toy. You tell me if yall think it has too much on it. I love the bright colors too!!!

1 comment:

BBB said...

Greetings from Arkansas!
Looks like the new toy has all of the gidgets and gadgets to keep her entertained for a few hours!
I think I might like to play with that thing too. She is just toooooooooo cute! Ya'll do good work....so when is the next addition? Silly guys, you thought I met
"baby addition"--Nah, well maybe?

Love, Hmmmm, wonder what Ava will call me.....hmm
Aunt B LOL