Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Pat....

Well Sunday was a big day, Mr. Pat Shelby turned a quarter of a century old. 25 for those of you who choose not to do the math. So Mike and I had him over for dinner. Of course he had an extremely large steaks, potato casserole, home made potato rolls and for dessert cheesecake and his mom's chocolate cake. I also forgot to tell you Ava helped with each cake.

Now I love to bake, but sometimes I am not very good at it. I tend to miss read directions or not fully read them. That was the case with cake number one. I put in coffee instead of making the coffee. Oops. So the cake was a bit dry. No worries, cake number two was perfect. I even was able to write Happy Birthday Pat on it.

Other than that, Sunday was a very relaxing day.

On a lighter note for those of you who thought Bella and Flicka did not get along....well it was an act. I now have picture proof to show they have no problems with one another.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I feel I need to comment on this one - I did the same thing to that cake the first time I made it. I have a knack for flubbing up recipes but I love to bake too. Good job on the icing!