Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Growing?

I must say I do love talking about Ava to everyone, but I feel bad when expecting mothers ask me how is she doing and I say, fine, just working on the sleeping thing. They always want me to elaborate. So I do....I tell them she has not figured out how to sleep through the night yet, but soon hopefully. I also say she must be growing in hope of giving them the idea that their baby will sleep 7-8 hours at 8 weeks old and that my little girl is just not normal or growing all the time. Truth be told....she is very normal. I have decided that every other baby is weird and sleep is over rated? Maybe Ava will be a night person. Or maybe she will be one of those people that does not require much sleep, sort of like me in college. What ever she ends up being, I would just like a few nights of 7 hours of normal sleep time. I feel normal hours would be 10pm to 5am. I understand that it will be much later in life that I can sleep in. Of course sleeping in to me would be 7am.

No pictures for this post this time around, just me ranting. Please keep your fingers crossed that Mike and Ava have a good day today, since I had three days in a row with her and according to Mike I spoil her. Then if it is a good day maybe tonight she will not repeat last night's sleep schedule. Bed at 6pm, up at 9, 12:30, 2 and finally 4.

On a more pleasant note, while doing makeup this morning Ava was extremely interested in everything I was doing. Eyeshadow, mascara, hair and my stripped robe. I love it when she pulls at me, even if it is just to put my hand or arm in her mouth to suck on.

No comments: