Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sleep!

Okay so I did lots of Internet research...even read a little in a book or two about this and it mostly worked....what am I talking about you ask. The cry it out method. I do not agree fully with this method so I did a mixture of the controlled crying and a little of my own soothing method for teaching Miss Ava to sleep. It took four nights of crying off and on before Ava realized that she was okay and that I would still come and see her, but that I would not pick her up. It also took four nights for me to break my habit of picking her up every time she cried. Of coursed I picked a weekend that Mike had to work to start this and if it were not for Pat distracting me with Internet movies and chatting I would not have been able to get far at all. I will not go into all the boring details but I must say after 1 week Miss Ava is sleeping much better, she is able to soother herself much better and all is right with the world. Or as all who have kids knows it is okay for now, who knows when they will buck the system and make up some new rules.

I must say that I loved it when Ava was a baby. Rocking her, holding her, her needed me for everything, but 9 months old is wonderful in a completely separate way. She is so independent. Learning to play and crawl. She goes all over the house now getting into everything. Yes I actually had to do some baby proofing to keep her from getting into to much. Right now she loves to chase the cat. Chew on dog bones and play tug with Beau on the red bone. More and more she is growing up in to the little independent person. She is trying to feet herself and the dogs. Who will know what Missy gets into next.


Ava after feeding herself. What a mess


Ava yelling at me she is done.


Smiling!


Ava just noticed I have a camera, what a ham.


Coming to get momma.


I'm getting closer to getting you momma.


Gotcha

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Too much fun! I am so glad you are sharing these moments since we can't be there in person.

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

I'm glad you found a soothing method that works for you!! Hope all is well with ya'll!