Wednesday, June 25, 2008

OKC and the not so great Zoo


Well a few weekends ago now, I know I suck at keeping up to date, Miss Ava and I met my mom in Oklahoma City (OKC) for a girls weekend. It was a blast. Ava is finally out of the "I want only momma" stage and is open to all. She crawled around the hotel floor...I know gross. * this was something I heavily debated, but could you keep a newly crawling 9 month old kid occupied with out being on the floor...No* And we even went down and around to Brick Town (better if you are out for a good time to drink and party) but still fun to walk and look at people. We even ventured out in the humid heat to see the zoo. Mom and I had heard wonderful things about the zoo and how it was the best. NOOOOOOOOO. Sorry OKC, but your zoo sucked. The elephants had been transferred to Tulsa for mating or something like that and all the other animals were hiding out. When I was not trying to get Ava to look at the animals she was snoozing in her stroller. Trust me this was nice to find that she could sleep in it, but not the way I wanted to learn it. Oh well maybe when she gets a bit older it will be more fun. The trip was not a total loss. I no longer have to make the sock monkey, Grandma bought her one!!!! Yeah, you are my hero mom, you have no idea how much I suck at sewing...I had even thought about having Mike make it. LOL

Well enjoy the few pics of the animals we (mom and I saw) since Ava was out cold.




1 comment:

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

You need to come to San Diego to experience a Zoo! It's the best. Really though. The nicest I've seen! Come visit!