Friday, May 30, 2008

So much to blog about where to start...

Okay so there has been a lot going this past week. I don't even know where to begin. Hmmmm....

Okay first last Friday our friends Steve and Charlene came in to visit from Utah. Unfortunately I was stuck at work when they arrived, but Mike and Ava were able to greet them at the airport. The weekend was filled with lots of fun times. Saturday we took a ride around Justin and showed off the town and even looked at a few model homes to tempt Steve with. Think we also might have overwhelmed him a bit. That night Mike and Steve went to work the Ice house guard job. Yucky, but Charlene, Ava and I did get to hang out and have girl time. Then Sunday the boys slept in, since they had been out late the night before working and we prepared for our BBQ. I made home made ice cream and thought about making brownies. Little did I know everyone would have to cancel on us for the BBQ. That ended up being okay. Charlene made a wonderful pizza and the boys went to work again that night.

Monday: Memorial day!!! Time for the lake. Of course the boys slept in again, but this time as soon as they got up I packed some sandwiches and we all headed to Lake Lewisville. Pat and Amber would meet us there. We swam, we played and no one got sun burned!!! What a good day at the lake. I actually might think about going to the lake every weekend. Good cheep fun. Ava truly enjoyed the water,splashing and floating in her new turtle tube.

Sadly Steve and Charlene had to leave on Tuesday and I had to return to work. Yucky. But Tuesday after the rain that flattened my hair and drenched me from head to toe I got my hair cut. Yup you got it right I chopped it off. I was going for the Katie Holmes look, but not sure how close I got. I still have to get used to it every time I pass a mirror. Ava and Mike still look at me weird.

The rest of the week was so so. I worked extremely hard and was very ready for the weekend.

Oh I almost forgot to mention I am trying the controlled crying method to help teach Ava to sleep through the night. Last night was the first night and it was horrible. Neither she or I got much sleep at all. It seemed like every time I would go in her room to lay her down and sooth her for a moment she would fall asleep and 5 minutes later she would be back up crying again. I did however stick to my guns until about 2am when I had enough and scooped her up to fall a sleep together in my chair. Tonight is much better. So far no crying, she is sound a sleep. I however don't think that will last long at all. Who knows maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Oh in addition to trying to teach her to self sooth Charlene and I decieded she needed a sock monekey to grab onto..so being a good mom I ordered one and it should be here in a few days!









2 comments:

Charlene said...

You know, it is amazing how long a blog can be but barely touch on all the fun. Good times!

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

I really love your hair! I can't pull of the bangs. I love them on you!!! I love the dark color too!!!